On behalf of Tanzania Fertilizer Regulatory Authority -TFRA, I am pleased to welcome you to TFRA Website whereby you can access a range of services offered by the Authority to its stakeholders. TFRA was established by the Fertilizer Act No. 9 of the year 2009 and became operational in August 2012 with the purpose of making provisions for regulating the manufacturing, importation, exportation, distribution and utilization of agricultural fertilizers. Since the inception of TFRA, deliberate efforts have been made to create conducive working environment that will support the institutional mandates provided in the Act and its Regulations.
As a response to our customer oriented needs and move them to more comfort zone to meet their demand and tailor made services provided by TFRA, we are pretty certain that our existence on the web will add value in terms of efficient and timely service delivery, interaction and feed backing mechanism with our stakeholders globally. Just to highlight a few key functions and services but not limited to:
- Awareness creation and advocacy to the public at large about TFRA through different communication channels; television, radio programs, newspapers, agricultural exhibitions, consultative stakeholder meetings and use of various social media.
- Enhancing friendly business environment by having provisions to review the existing legal framework, for instance, the Fertilizer Regulations of 2011 through GN No. 50 of February 2017 and formulation of a new Fertilizer Bulk Procurement Regulations of 2017 (GN No.49 of February 17, 2017).
- Registration of fertilizer dealers and their products (fertilizers and supplements), inspectorate services on fertilizers for quality control purposes throughout Tanzania mainland.
- Licensing of fertilizer business in Tanzania
- Issuance of fertilizer import and export permits.
- Quality control of fertilizers and their supplements along the fertilizer value chain.
TFRA is geared to be a centre of excellence on fertilizer industry in Tanzania and beyond.
With kind regards,
Stephan E. Ngailo
Acting Chief Executive Officer