FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
The Main function of the Board includes but not limited to the following:-
- To administer the properties of the Authority both movable and immovable.
- To administer the funds and other assets of the Authority
- To signify the Acts of the Authority by use of Official seal
- On behalf of the Authority to receive fees, donations, grants or other monies
- To advice the Minister on matters related to fertilizers, on implementation and amendments of fertilizers legislations on approved types fertilizers or fertilizer supplements
- To give general advices on coordination, registration and regulation in the fertilizer industry
- To make recommendation to the Minister on the types of fertilizers to be used in accordance with appropriate soli properties.
- To formulate policy guidelines relating to fertilizer industry and advice the Government on appropriate and legal environment which promote local industries engaged in fertilizer manufacturing.
- To advice the authority on licenses to be issued under the Act
- To authenticate the acts of the Authority by use of the official seal
- Subject to provisions of the relevant public service legislation to appoint any officers of the Agency whom the board may consider necessary
- Do all Acts and things as may be provided for in this Act or as may in the opinion of the board, be necessary or expedient for proper discharge of the functions of the Authority.